commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Thomas Richards, No4 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Mark Richards
Forum Member

Hello all,

I am searching for information about my Grandad Thomas Richards, who I believe to have served in 4 commando, he was as I understand it, part of the dieppe Raid where he was wounded. I am sure he was brought back from Dieppe on a stretcher and didnt return to the commandos I think he was sent back to the DLI. Any information would be greatly apprecited particularly confirmation that he took part in the Dieppe Raid.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2009 08:21:22

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello

In the July 1990 list compiled of those in No4 who served at Dieppe your grandfather is listed as serving. 4469318 Pte. Richards T. Durham L. I. There is no record of who was wounded.
If you would like me to email you a copy of this email me direct. (You will find my email on the site.)

Best wishes.

Bill Harvey Son of Bill Harvey No4

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Mark Richards
Forum Member

Bill Harvey wrote:Hello

In the July 1990 list compiled of those in No4 who served at Dieppe your grandfather is listed as serving. 4469318 Pte. Richards T. Durham L. I. There is no record of who was wounded.
If you would like me to email you a copy of this email me direct. (You will find my email on the site.)

Best wishes.

Bill Harvey Son of Bill Harvey No4

Thanks Bill, I have emailed you.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger