commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for information on H L Wicks, 46 commando, Z Troop  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Tom.M.Evans
Forum Member

My grandfather served in WW2.
46 commando Z troop.
Herbert Leonard Wicks (know as Len)

I'm looking for any information photographs etc.

He was very young, I believe he lied about his ages to serve (as many did).
He passed away in 1999.
I have many fond memories of him but understandably, he rarely spoke about the war.

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/46/z+troop+46+rm+cdo.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

He can be seen in the bottom-right
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Tom

I am glad you found the troop photo on our website that includes your Grandfather. I have updated the initials with his forenames as you provided. If you, or anyone in your extended family have a good photo of your Grandfather on his own, ideally in uniform, but if not in civvies, that you would like included in the gallery please just scan and attach it to this forum thread.

One of the first things we always advise is for the immediate next of kin to apply for a copy of his services record. A full photocopy of the record will be provided if the immediate next of kin applies. How to do so can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

We have some followers of this forum who are dedicated to 46RM Commando and I am sure once they see your message they will respond direct to you.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Jeff H
Forum Member

Hi Tom. I?m the UK lead of the 46 RMCommando Family and Friends Group. Give me a call on 01869 356082 or email me [email protected] and I can help you find out all about your Grandads War journey.
Best wishes
Jeff
[Email]
keith
Forum Member

Hallo Tom. Here is Keith i have sent you a private message how to contact me. I see jeff hewitt as contacted you already. We are both looking forward to hearing from you.
Jeff H
Forum Member

Hi Tom. Not heard from you yet. Please get in touch with either Keith or me and we can help you with your search for information about your Grandad.
[Email]
Jeff H
Forum Member

Tom, Still not had any contact back from you. Please give me a call on 01869 356082. I know so much about 46 RMC that I would love to share with you. Jeff is
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger