commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Possible family member - Cpl Dennis A Leach, 45 RM Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Janet01
Forum Member

I am looking for any more, more personal information re:cpl Dennis Leach P028362E 45 Commando who lost his life on 13.08.1974 aged 24
I believe he may have been a full brother.
I was adopted in 1951 and have only recently searched for and found my birth family who have told me of a 'cousin' who was believed to have been killed in Northern Ireland. My birth father is named in my adoption records as Dennis Leach. Birth mother had a tradition of naming after father. Any information of place of birth, family,etc as I can't seem to find birth/marriage/death certificates. I would appreciate anything you can share with me. This information is all verba.
Reagards
Janet Shepherd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/12/2017 22:18:39

JOHN W
Forum Member

Hi Janet

Type in Dennis Leach on the Google Custom Search box at the top of the page, and scroll down.
Hope it helps.
Rgds.
John.
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Janet,

I'm afraid that the CVA, as an association, do not hold the information that you are looking for.
However, I would like to try to help so I have done a cursory search, on the internet, for information about Cpl Dennis Leach for you...

Dennis was from Leeds and was born: 2nd December 1949. He was unmarried.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/DennisLeach45Commando

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/2017 00:33:52

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
tpriceman
Forum Member

Hi Janet

I've sent you a pm with my contact details

Tony

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

This is a very sensitive subject, on a number of levels, and one which we would not normally deal with on an open forum; however, I did contact Janet by Private Message and promised her my help.
After a little bit of digging and a stroke of luck, I am pleased to say that I was able to find some information which may point Janet in the right direction and answer a few questions for her.

Because of the sensitivity, I am now locking this thread but will remain in contact with Janet - if anyone comes up with anymore information, I would urge you to contact me by email or PM and I will pass everything on.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger