commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Possible family member - Cpl Dennis A Leach, 45 RM Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Janet01
Forum Private

I am looking for any more, more personal information re:cpl Dennis Leach P028362E 45 Commando who lost his life on 13.08.1974 aged 24
I believe he may have been a full brother.
I was adopted in 1951 and have only recently searched for and found my birth family who have told me of a 'cousin' who was believed to have been killed in Northern Ireland. My birth father is named in my adoption records as Dennis Leach. Birth mother had a tradition of naming after father. Any information of place of birth, family,etc as I can't seem to find birth/marriage/death certificates. I would appreciate anything you can share with me. This information is all verba.
Reagards
Janet Shepherd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/12/2017 22:18:39

JOHN W
Forum Lance Corporal

Hi Janet

Type in Dennis Leach on the Google Custom Search box at the top of the page, and scroll down.
Hope it helps.
Rgds.
John.
[Email]
NIC
Research & Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi Janet,

I'm afraid that the CVA, as an association, do not hold the information that you are looking for.
However, I would like to try to help so I have done a cursory search, on the internet, for information about Cpl Dennis Leach for you...

Dennis was from Leeds and was born: 2nd December 1949. He was unmarried.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/DennisLeach45Commando

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/2017 00:33:52

Nick Collins

CVA Forum Administrator

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"We may feel that nothing of which we have any knowledge or record has ever been done by mortal men, which surpasses their feats of arms. Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
tpriceman
Forum Private

Hi Janet

I've sent you a pm with my contact details

Tony

NIC
Research & Administrator
[Avatar]

This is a very sensitive subject, on a number of levels, and one which we would not normally deal with on an open forum; however, I did contact Janet by Private Message and promised her my help.
After a little bit of digging and a stroke of luck, I am pleased to say that I was able to find some information which may point Janet in the right direction and answer a few questions for her.

Because of the sensitivity, I am now locking this thread but will remain in contact with Janet - if anyone comes up with anymore information, I would urge you to contact me by email or PM and I will pass everything on.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick Collins

CVA Forum Administrator

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"We may feel that nothing of which we have any knowledge or record has ever been done by mortal men, which surpasses their feats of arms. Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger