commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
47 RMC - Vehicle identification  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
Steve / Sigi
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum and joined in order to ask if anyone has information on the vehicle ID for jeeps used by 47 RMC. I have read the post on here from some years ago in which Martin wanted to positively ID insignia for 48 RMC. From that and other sources I now believe that 47 RMC should have a round Combined Operations sign on the right of the windscreen as seen from the front of the vehicle and a Black over Red square with the number 96 in white, on the left hand side of the windscreen. The same signs repeated on the rear bumpers.

All the posts on this forum indicate that the unit insignia should be on a Red over Black square. However in the book " From Omaha To The Scheldt - The Story of 47 Royal Marine Commando " by John Fortar I have seen a photograph titled "The Sallenelles Jeep" on page 141. In the photo the number 96 can clearly be seen on a square that seems to have the Black over the Red.

The Combined Operations badge is not visible in the photo, possibly due to the censor.

I am currently badging up my jeep as a 47RMC vehicle and would very much appreciate any help on getting this right.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/11/2017 17:04:11

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger