commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Flushing 2008  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

If any Marine or Army Commandos are going to Flushing this year the following details of the commemorations.
Here is the programme of the commemorations Walcheren 2008

Friday 31 october,

19:00hrs. Reception at town hall Middelburg

Saturday 1 November,

10:30hrs. Commemoration at Arnemuiden on the Sloedam (Causeway)

Sunday 2 november

No commemorations

Monday 3 November,

10.30hrs. Commemoration at Vlissingen on the "commandoweg"
14:00hrs. Commemoration at Westkapelle - the landing monument "Erica" and "tank"
15:00hrs. Commemoration at Westkapelle - the civil cementry (lighthouse)

This is the official part, there will also be some commemorations of several "groups"
on their own.

Jochem, my Dutch friend will be laying the wreath for No4 Commando in Flushing as I cannot get over this year.

Bill Harvey

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Bill

I received the same program from Riet.
It was possible for me to be there the week-end 1 and 2 nov.
But there is only one ceremony the 1st and the other the 3.
sincerely

stéphane
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Steph

How are you? Save travel to Flushing. I have been trying to send emails but they keep coming back.

I am going to Spean Bridge this year.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello BILL

Nice to hear from you.
Unfortunately, this year i couldn't travel to any ceremonies. You know than " i learn" to work in security to the Normandy American Cemetery.
I the end of this year or begining of 2009, I will be definately there.
Of course i'm disappointed not to be in Fort William and Spean Bridge where the ashes of a good friend, Cliff WELSH ex: 45 rm will be scattered.

The 8 of november, i will met Paul MILLS the nephew of Reg. MILLS 3 cdo kia in merville battery, here in Merville. So, you see, i will be in contact too with commandos, and it will be a special day, Reg. MILLS has been missing in Merville Battery.

best wishes

stéphane
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Stephane

Nice to hear from you. What a pity you cannot make it but I know you will be there in spirit.

What dates are the commerations in Normandy and Dieppe in 2009? I would like to come over in 2009 depending on dates.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello BILL

I will let you know about NORMANDY, but for the moment it's too early.
I send you a private e-mail

stéphane

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger