commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The Pinch - A Butcher and Bolt Novel  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
McHarg
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi all,

Further to speak to Pete I would like to share with you the details of my new book. After writing 'Litani River' about No.11 (Scottish) Commando, I decided to try my hand at a WW2 novel about the Commandos and I'm pleased to say that 'The Pinch' was released two weeks ago. The story is based around the No.3 Commando's raid on Vaagso and includes a number of well known commandos that you will all be familiar with. The plot, however, is fictional and is about a small section of handpicked men who undertake a special mission under the command of Lieutenant Robert Bolt and Corporal Sam Butcher. The book has been described as an action packed thriller, but has a historical fiction feel about it especially with regards to the commando training they undertake before the raid. The book is available on amazon etc or via my website www.ianmcharg.co.uk where there is more information on the book. If anyone would be interested in reviewing it please let me know.

Best wishes

Ian McHarg
[Thumb - BB New cover - Copy_edited fb.jpg]
 Filename BB New cover - Copy_edited fb.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  556 time(s)

[WWW]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Ian, I like the names given to the two characters in you new novel ...
Lieutenant Robert Bolt and Corporal Sam Butcher.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
McHarg
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Pete. Yes a bit of commando humour! and as everyone knows a play on Winston Churchill's famous 'Butcher and Bolt Policy'
[WWW]

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger