commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Albert William Kenneth Phillott - 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

This article (with photographs) has recently been posted by my local Community Archive
http://www.wickfordhistory.org.uk/page/mr_ken_phillott

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Excellent work Julie - do you know (or can you find out) if Ken Phillott is still with us?
I would love a copy of his wartime portrait seen, in a frame, in the second picture of Ken...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ken Phillott was already in the No.4 Cdo Nominal Roll but I've been able to update it with his full name and regiment...

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The gallery has some photos and information about Ken :

Information about Regiment [view here]

With his badge collection [view here]

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

There was a Lance Cpl. Phillott whom we have down in a photo as serving in the Intel Section 1st Special Service Bde. [view here]

and another here: [view here]

Commando Assn. newsletter 111 of Sept 2000 announced the death of Ken in their Obituaries with his units shown as 4 Cdo (with the fact he also served 1 Bde HQ.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/09/2017 23:08:49

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Ken was Chair of the London Branch of the Commando Assn. from 1977, and also later on was on the General Committee of the Association.

From Commando Assn. newsletter 82 of 1986:
Apparently there was almost an international incident at Leningrad Airport on the day after the day the Russians were expelled from Britain. At the small and very congested customs barrier a man was seen to leave one queue and shout across to another queue " No. 10 ", to which there came the reply " No. 4 ". It would appear that Bill De Liefde of the Dutch troop of No. 10 Cdo. had spotted the Commando Association tie being worn bv Ken Phillott of 4 Cdo and I Cdo Bde Int. Sec., who with his wife Mary, were also visiting Russia. Bill's wife Jo and other astonished passengers were assured this was no secret coded message, but the form of greeting used by all ex Commandos. This was accepted even by the Customs Officers and there is no report of anyone being banished to Siberia !

[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger