commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Woman at War - searching for veterans who watched a training film  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

From Spean Bridge Hotel.

Dear Beth, I am a producer working on a BBC television series called Women at War: 100 Years of Service, which is to be broadcast during Remembrance week in November. We will be featuring the East Enders actress June Brown in one of the programmes, as she was a WREN cinema operator/projectionist showing training films to personnel who were about to undertake training for amphibious landings. June was based up in Scotland - at HMS Spartiate II, HMS Pembroke I, HMS Armadillo, HMS Quebec and HMS Heron. We are very keen to feature a veteran who would have watched one of these training films before embarking on training at Loch Long and may have also taken part in an amphibious landing during the course of their military career. We would be most grateful if you were able to put us in contact with veterans who trained at Loch Long or with any local veteran organisations which might be able to help us with our search for veterans from this area. We are planning to do our filming in September. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Nicky Bolster

Producer/Director

Tel. 07967-972 082

Can anyone help?

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger