commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
2 C.A. Regiment in Africa 1943.  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Paul Atkinson
Forum Member

Hi,

I'm trying to find ANY information on the above unit's history.
My Grandfather Albert Thomas Baynton (Tom) served in the Royal Marines from August 1941 to June 1944 when he was invalided out from RN hospital Chatham.
His service record states his unit as 2nd.C.A. Regt. (I think C.A. is Coast Artillery.) His joining unit in 1941 was Portsmouth Division for MNBDO (2) 2nd.L&M from which he was transferred to 2 C.A. Regiment.
I know from family memory that he served in Africa and his medal card records a tick for 'Africa' and 'MNBDO2 Jan-May 43.

Any info would be great.

Regards
Paul Atkinson.

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Royal Marines Museum has the history of the 2 RM Coast Brigade/2nd RM Coast Artillery Regiment on pages 56 and 57 of their unit histories here

http://www.royalmarinesmuseum.co.uk/sites/default/files/RM%20Unit%20Histories%201919-1997.pdf

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Paul Atkinson
Forum Member

Thank you Pete, I'll take a look.
Regards
Paul.

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger