commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
New ROH search facility on website  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

There is now a search facility for the Army and RM Commando Roll of Honour for WW2. Each Commando on there has a biography page. There are 1,959 entries with 2 or 3 more still being investigated for details. It can be searched by name or viewed by date order. My thanks to Graham Cooper who has helped me a great deal with information he has collected from the National Archives. Between us we have provided additional official information to meet the criteria needed by the CWGC enabling them to amend the details on their database where Commando Service was missing from an entry, or where an award was missing from their entry, specifically those who received a Mention In Dispatches. Also where it was discovered that relatives who also died had not been shown.

I would ask that those of you who find an obvious error in any entry to let me know. If there is an update that you wish included it must be accompanied by the source of your information.

Every unit still has there own ROH page under the WW2 Commando Units section.

The new ROH search facility is accessed via the Homepage navigation menu or simply click on this link: http://www.commandoveterans.org/glossary_ROH

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks Pete and Graham

A magnificent effort and a just memorial to the Commando fallen.

You have delivered a truly deserved epitaph to those heroic soldiers who paid the ultimate price.

Thank you.

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Well done Pete and Graham.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger