commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fairbairn and Sykes manual: 101 Ways to Kill a Man  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Andrew Dale
Forum Member
[Avatar]

While stationed at STC Lochailort in 1940-42, my father Ernest Dale illustrated this manual.
I should be grateful if anyone who has a copy could let me know. I should be interested in purchasing it, or copying it with your agreement. :)
His memoirs are published on line at http://waryears.wordpress.com .
Thanking you in advance,

Andrew Dale
France
[WWW]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thank you so much for this!

My dad, George Francis Harris, was at Achdalieu, Lochailort and Achnacarry. It's wonderful to read about your dad.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
Andrew Dale
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear Eileen,
Thank you for your enthusiastic response.
Lochailort was the happiest time of my father's life. I'm proud I got him to write it down.
Am visiting Lochailort and Mallaig in June.
Andrew

Andrew Dale
France
[WWW]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Whenever we were up in Dundee, visiting mam's relatives, dad would drive us over there - he was never happier than when he was in that area. Long before dad got a car, an aunt or uncle would drive us ... I've been visiting that area since I was a tot.

If you're passing Morpeth, Northumberland, give me a shout and I'll gladly sit on your roof-rack. ;)

I think that was probably the happiest time of my dad's life, too. My mam once said that he 'enjoyed' the war ... meaning the camaraderie.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger