commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Royal Marine Commando 44  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Earcher
Forum Member

Hello, Please can anyone help me with filling in some of the blanks regarding my dads WW2 Royal Marine Commando 44 history. I have attached some of his record. I was also interested to find out why he was posted in the UK when most of my findings are that the 44's went overseas? He was involved with the Normandy Landings on Flotilla 813 LCVP. He also is registered at HMS Copra in between different shore establishments. I understand that CPOPRA may have been used in the history if the ship or operation could not be listed?

Any help more than welcome.

Kind Regards
Elaine
[Thumb - Dad1a.jpg]
 Filename Dad1a.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  344 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi and welcome to our forum Elaine

The image that you have posted is low resolution and cannot be read when downloaded. Can you rescan it at a higher resolution and repost it. Also can you include the full name of your father in any reply so it is on the message itself.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Earcher
Forum Member

Hi Pete

I have just handed the documents to my cousin to scan so I will ask him to send me the file. Thank you for getting back to me. My dads name was Andre Horace Archer. I seem to be finding our more that he was intelligence officer, G.DL rep, Assistance security officer in 27th August 43 at RM44Commando transferred to RM division holding unit after a visit to "onich hospital" for an xray?! It seems that lots of casualties on the training alone.

Kind Regards
Elaine
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Elaine

Thanks for your reply. Just to let you know your father is listed on our 44RM Commando nominal roll here http://www.commandoveterans.org/44RMCommandoNomRollA-C

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Earcher
Forum Member

Hi Pete

Thank you, this is the first place that I saw that he had anything to do with IO. we also found flotilla 813 landing craft that he was confirmed on for D Day. We have unearthed some other training documents too showing exactly what they did during training and who attended etc; then after a very long day a named film..i cant imagine anyone could keep their eyes open after the day training they had!! also shows that there was an enquiry re a lost rifle in training following dads move to hospital for xray....and then him and 6 others being moved to a holding base at the end of training period. it does not state why, although he finished the training and continued training all over the place could it be that he was not suitable for the overseas postings? as soon as i can get everything scanned i can upload more. Were there forum rules or rules from the Royal Navy that furnished me with the documents of not uploading documents with other RM Commandos names etc;

Kind Regards
Elaine
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Elaine

As I understand it there are terms and conditions that apply to official documents that must be complied with. It really depends on what the document is and what the terms under which you obtained it state. If you want to send it to me by email attachment first, i can always check it for you.

Pete

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger