commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt. I.H. Chase, 45 RMC  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Jennifer Beaumont
Forum Member

I'm looking for any information about my father's time in the Royal Marines. He told us very little of his time in the service but I do remember that he did at least some of his training at Bovington Camp in Devon, and served in Europe in 1945 (aged 20), involved, I think in the Rhine crossing. I don't know which troop he was in. I know that he was made a temporary 2nd Lieut. in March 1946 but it appears that he was demobbed by the end of that year.
If anyone can add to this I'd be grateful.
He's on the "Lost Legions" list No.3 (1973) but I don't think he was aware of that. He died in Southport in 1974.
GUY
Forum Member

Jennifer,
I found a reference to your father's passing out parade at OCTU Thurlestone. It comes from the Western Times, Friday March 29th 1946.
Guy
[Thumb - CHASE.png]
 Filename CHASE.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 305 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  236 time(s)

Jennifer Beaumont
Forum Member

Guy
That's wonderful - and so quick! Thank you.
Jennifer
GUY
Forum Member

Jennifer,

'Commando Men' by Brian Samain, details 45 RM Commando's war from D-Day until VE Day.

Guy
Jennifer Beaumont
Forum Member

Guy
Thanks again.
Jennifer
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Jennifer

Unfortunately I have no additional details of his service, however should you wish to post a good photo of him as an attachment to any reply to this, I will include it on our website. Please include his first names, service number if you have it, and date of birth and date of death. As to more information you should consider applying for a copy if his service record if this has not been done already.

Regards Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger