commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando Bugler  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Aelyish
Forum Member

Sadly, my grandfather Cdr J Lionel Horbury 3Cdo Bde is very unwell and thoughts are turning towards his funeral. We hope he'll pull through on this occasion, but his health is in serious decline and not even commandos can live forever. The commandos remain the happiest time of his life and we were hoping to be able to invite a bugler to play the last post for him. Could anyone please point me in the right direction? When the time comes I don't suppose there'll be too much time, so we'd appreciate having some information prepared. Thank you
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Aelyish

I am sorry to hear of your Grandfather's health problems and do hope things get better for him. I know that for Commandos/Royal Marines, a Bugler can be arranged through contact with the RM Band and the RM Association. Why not contact the RMA for advice 0239 2651519.

Kind Regards

Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/2017 23:10:40

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger