commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Looking for information on my father John Dunbar Hardie Rm7698  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
ianhardie
Forum Member

Hi
I am looking for information on my father(deceased) Joined the RM on the 14th June 1948 -1953, RM 7698? 3 Cdo Bde RM, then 40CDO 3CdoBde RM, hope that makes sense to someone, RM.Bde Eastney?Led to believe he served out In Burma. type of Engagement SS
decoration is S.1075 849700 issued

If anyone could guild me where to find out further information it would be much appreciated

ian hardie
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hello Ian

I regret that I personally have no information to assist but I would ask you to consider two things.

First if you have a photo of your father from his time in 40 Cdo. scan and post it on this forum thread. I will add it to our photo gallery. Secondly there is a specific association for 40 Commando RM which can be found here :

http://www.40commandoassociation.com

They have their 2017 reunion later this month.

There are also books that cover the period your father served. We have a few photos here:

40 Commando RM gallery.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger