commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information on Isaac George Jones  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Colin Benton
Forum Member

Hello,

I'm looking for any additional information on my Grandfather. Isaac Jones, known as George. He originally enlisted at Liverpool in 1917.

We have a record that shows him serving with MNBDO from Feb 41 to Dec 43. Presumably this was MNBDO 1 was his service was primarily in the Mediterranean. I'm looking for any information on this unit, hopefully indicating Grandad's role (a long shot, I know).

Thanks in advance

Colin Benton
 Filename George Jones military record.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 209 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  238 time(s)

Filename militryrecords.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 582 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  266 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

If you look closely he is also shown from Jan to Apr 44 with MNBDO. The officer signing that entry looks like W.W. Glover.

A Lieutenant W.W.Glover was the Quartermaster in MNBDO 1 as can be seen here:

http://digital.nls.uk/british-military-lists/pageturner.cfm?id=92798186&mode=transcription

If you key in MNBDO into our google search box at the top you will find other forum messages on this unit with responses.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/02/2017 22:18:46

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Colin Benton
Forum Member

Hi Pete, many thanks for that. I'll check out all the details :)

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger