commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Raymond Rabouhans  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Noel Rabouhans
Forum Member

A UNIQUE MILITARY ODYSSEY
Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of my father, Raymond Armand Rabouhans, who served with the 1ère Compagnie de Fusiliers Marins Commandos, including alongside No. 4 Commando at Dieppe in August 1942.
To mark this occasion, I am announcing the publication of a book about his military career, from 1935 to 1945. The book is result of five years of research, both in France and the UK, and includes previously unpublished accounts of the actions in which he participated. It is a private publication, intended primarily for family and friends. The book is entitled 'A Unique Military Odyssey'; the ISBN number is 978-1-910864-78-4.
I regret that the book is not available commercially, owing to the very limited number of copies printed. However, copies have been placed in the legal deposit libraries, and may be consulted there. I am also hoping to place a few additional copies in other public libraries.
I attach images of the book cover, the Contents page and Preface.
I hope that this is of interest. If anyone would like further information, please contact me by private message.
Noël Rabouhans
2nd February 2017
[Thumb - Book cover 100.jpg]
 Filename Book cover 100.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Book cover
 Filesize 262 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  323 time(s)

Filename Preface18012017.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description Preface
 Filesize 71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  324 time(s)

Filename Contents18012017.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description Contents
 Filesize 35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  356 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/02/2017 12:33:40

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Well done Noel a brave man remembered.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Excellent work, well done Noel. I'm sure it is a fascinating read and will undoubtedly contain information regarding 1ère Compagnie de Fusiliers Marins Commandos that we're not aware of.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Noel Rabouhans
Forum Member

Further to my earlier announcement about this book, I can now advise that in addition to the legal deposit libraries*, copies of the book may be consulted at:

1. National Archives Library, Kew. Freely accessible during normal opening hours.

2. Library of the West Highland Museum, Fort William. To use this library, you need to be a Member of the museum, cost £15.00 per annum.

*British Library, London
British Library, Boston Spa, Yorkshire
National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford
University Library, Cambridge,
Trinity College Library, Dublin

Those wishing to use the legal deposit libraries will need to conform to the requirements of those libraries (registration, etc).

Within the constraints imposed by the very limited number of copies available, of what is a private, non-commercial publication, I believe that the copies available for consultation in the afore-mentioned libraries provide a reasonable level of access, with good geographical distribution.

Copies have also been accepted by (but not yet delivered to) the following libraries in France:

1. Library of the Service Historique de la Defense, Chateau de Vincennes, Paris
2. Musee FUSCO, Lorient, Morbihan
3. Library of La Physiophile, Montceau-les-Mines, Saone-et-Loire

Should you have any questions, please send me a private message.

Noel Rabouhans

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger