commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Visit to the Commando Memorial Alrewas - Sunday 28 September.  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi
I have just paid my first visit to the Commando memorial, where I laid two wreaths one for my father and one for Jackie Schulze from the USA who's uncle William McGinnis was an American Volunteer with No1 Commando.
I also went to see the memorial paver that I have had recently installed, many thanks to Geoff Murray and all at the CVA for organising this for me. It is a very beautiful site, which will only increase in beauty as the many saplings that surround it gradually mature and fill out.
I have included a few of the photos that I took on the day for any one who may be interested.

Cheers Andy
[Thumb - IMG-12.JPG]
 Filename IMG-12.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Wreath for William Mcginnis - American volunteer with No1 Commando.
 Filesize 1313 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  399 time(s)

[Thumb - IMG-23.JPG]
 Filename IMG-23.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Over view of the Memorial, with the two wreaths attached to the tree dedicated to No1 Commando in the background.
 Filesize 1484 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  406 time(s)

[Thumb - IMG-2.JPG]
 Filename IMG-2.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Wreath for my father Hugh Maines of No1 Commando.
 Filesize 1333 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  405 time(s)

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger