commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Amendations made to the CWGC at the behest of this Archive  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I am pleased to say that the Commonwealth War Graves Commission have amended their records having been provided by the website team with evidence to justify it. The below are just a few that we have concluded recently.

Pte Lewis Albert Taylor - his Commando service with No 6 Commando was not originally shown;

Fus. Robert John Morrow - his Commando service with No 6 Commando was not originally shown;

Pte Peter Neilson Chapman - his Commando service with No 6 Commando was not originally shown;

Gnr Ian Imrie - his Commando service with No 2 Commando was not originally shown;

Lieut Christopher John Smalley - his MiD was not shown;

Fus Hilary Laurence Clarke - His brother also died but the record for his brother did not mention him.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Fantastic work Pete & Co

All these heroes deserve to be remembered.

Thanks

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Excellent work Pete, having had success in this myself, I know how much work is involved and how much of a buzz you get when the CWGC accept your bid.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
JOHN W
Forum Member

Well done Pete. Great work.

John.
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I must mention the help that associate member Graham Cooper has provided in this respect. His work is done quietly in the background but has been of immense importance in providing accurate information on individuals from a variety of sources. He also checks the information pages that I have been adding about individuals on our Roll of Honour and this is of immense importance in ensuring accuracy, and ensuring that those who gave their lives whilst serving in the Commandos are remembered not just on our website but also on the nation's own Commonwealth War Graves Commission records.

Two very recent additions as an example:

The CWGC have today agreed to add No 3 Commando to their database record of Guardsman Hugh Montgomery Melville which to date has only stated Scots Guards. They are also arranging for a new headstone to be put in place reflecting his Commando Service although this could take sometime to happen. Their original records and grave registration reports did not show Commando service. Click on his name for more about this Commando.

They have also agreed to add No 1 Commando service to their online database record of Private Robert Edward Watts. Their original grave registration reports did actually show his service, but this had not been transferred to their online database. Click on his name for more about this Commando.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Well done Pete.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger