commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Remembrance Weekend Services 2016  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Royal British Legion Scotland website has the following information for those attending the Remembrance Weekend Services and Events:

SATURDAY 12th NOVEMBER
FORT WILLIAM AND DISTRICT
Dawn to dusk vigil held at the Fort William War Memorial. Poppy Crosses will be on sale throughout the vigil, people will be encouraged to place a cross in the "Garden of Remembrance".

SUNDAY 13th NOVEMBER - Remembrance Sunday
FORT WILLIAM AND DISTRICT
The Fort William Remembrance Day Parade stepping off at 10.45. The Branch also takes part in The Commando Memorial Remembrance Day Parade at the Commando Memorial  Spean Bridge - parade steps off at 3pm. Those who wish to join the march to the Memorial should assemble earlier with the march off at 2.45pm from the usual layby nearby on the main road beside the path leading up to it. Cars will only be able to drop off but not park at this point.

All other Services in Scotland can be viewed here http://www.legionscotland.org.uk/remembrance/remembrance-events-2016/

The Royal British Legion main site has more detail about events including the Cenotaph and National Memorial Arboretum

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance/how-we-remember/remembrance-sunday/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 19/10/2016 15:19:53

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Pete,

I'll spread the word...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Updated re Sunday at the Commando Memorial.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

What is the correct time of the service at Spean Bridge?? The RBL site says 15.00 and the Dispatches says 14.00.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Bill

No information came to us from the Association, so the information I put on the website above is from the RBL and The Highland Council whom I phoned just before posting. The links are to the RBL website. I cannot respond on behald of the Association unfortunately. You will have to contact Fred.

Pete

[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Pete.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger