commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Westminster Abbey Wreath Laying Service Saturday 12th November 2016 at 2pm  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Annual Wreath Laying Service at Westminster Abbey will take place in just over 3 weeks time on Saturday the 12th November 2016 at 2pm in the Cloisters of the Abbey. Please arrive in plenty of time. After the Service there will be an opportunity to view the Book of Remembrance in the Nave, and the Field of Poppies in the grounds of the Abbey.

Read more about this Memorial here http://www.commandoveterans.org/CommandoMemorialWestminsterAbbey

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
jim webster
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thank you for the info Pete, I will be attending with my daughter and hopefully one or two more family members if they arrive in the U.k. as planned
After the ceremony we shall be retiring to the Willow Walk Wetherspoons opposite Victoria Stn. everyone welcome.
Jim Webster

jim webster proud son of Sgt Doug Webster 2 commando 4 troop.
[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger