commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando Veterans Archive Photo Gallery  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

We crossed a major threshold from four figures to five figures very recently and thought it would be good to share it in case you missed it.

We now have over 10,000 images in our Gallery. Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

The fantastic gallery we have Pete is largely due to your magnificent archive work on this site.
It is truly a fine tribute to all those brave hero Commandos. A wonderful resource.

Thank you.

John M & Dan

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

GUY
Forum Member

Thank you to all who maintain this exceptional archive.
Guy
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I'd like to thank you all, too. Pete has always been very kind when it comes to replying to my pleas for cropped photos of dad. Nick and John have also been so very helpful and kind.

I spend ages, looking through all the gallery - not just No.4.

I hope it's ok to use some photos of my dad ... only done when necessary to 'educate' and 'inform' others with regard to our wonderful, brave men. I always make it known that anything from here is 'courtesy of ...' I think a few people have been intrigued enough to come and take a look - and, hopefully, join.

I hope that's ok?

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Eileen

Thanks for your kind comments.

It is perfectly OK to use the photos etc for education and research purposes. Only commercial use needs further permissions etc.

It is most gratifying the way this site has grown over the last 10 yrs and the pleasure and joy it brings to many is a bonus.

Once again many thanks.

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger