commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ceremony phots  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Jools powell
Forum Member

Having just returned from my late father's funeral I discovered 10 or so photographs of what I think is a ceremony in Paris handing out medals by some French civilian to what I imagine is no 4 commando. No 4 commando, because that's what father was in and because there is a number of commandos with France written on their shoulders.. However I can't see my father in any of the pictures although he did receive the Croix de Guerre.
If anybody is interested I'll scan them and post them on here. They are not in great condition but I'm sure people might be able to recognise their relatives or themselves for that matter..
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Jools,

Thank you for your kind offer of the photos - we would indeed be very grateful if you could scan them so we can add them to our archives as we can never tell when someone will recognise their relative in a photo.
Any photos of this nature are always very welcome as they can halp pinpoint all sorts of information which is extremely useful for any of us that are trying to research the actions & movements of the Commandos - and you'd be surprised at the amount of information we can glean from one photo...

Thanks
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Jools has now posted the photos into our Holding Album. If anyone has any specific information about the event depicted can you let us know here.

Thanks Jools.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

How does one access the Holding Album please ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/08/2016 16:15:32

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Peter
The Holding Album is on the main gallery page. Just click on it to view the photos. If you want to post a photo follow the instructions there. Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger