commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Wanted: The Third Jungle Book; 3 Commando Brigade  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am after originals or photocopies of any issues of:
The Third Jungle Book; 3 Commando Brigade (in the Far East).

I am fortunate that JohnM has kindly provided me of a copy of Issue No 9, March 1946, but I know that there were other issues - Andy Maines has posted extracts from a September 1945 issue.

I am willing to pay a fair price, or make donations to either CVA or Commando Benelovent Fund, in exchange for originals or copies thereof.

Thanks,
Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2008 09:34:13

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Nic
Just spotted your message concerning the Third Jungle book, as you are aware I have been loaned a couple of copies of this publication one dated July 1944 and the second, extracts of which which I have uploaded on to the Forum, dated Sep 1945. The July version was just copied on a photo copier before I had obtained a scanner, although I have now returned this to the owner, I intend to recopy it using a scanner in the near future when I return the September issue which I still have.
I have already emailed the whole of the September issue to John Mewitt, and I am more than happy to do the same for yourself. I could also scan the photo copied July issue and email this to you, and when I scan the July issue in the near future I could then also send this to you.
I am more than happy to do this and don't require any money etc, if you would prefer to have photo copies I can also do this.
When I photocopied the July issue I did it so the copies were back to back so that I could actually make it in to a booklet, I also intend to do this with the Sep issue.
Let me know how you would like to receive the copies ie email or hard copy or indeed both and I will gladly take care of the rest. In either case I will need a home address to send it to or an email address. I have attached a copy of the front cover sheet of the July issue to give you an idea of its contents.

Cheers Andy
[Thumb - X07-Fron cover sheet Third Jungle Book July 1944.jpg]
 Filename X07-Fron cover sheet Third Jungle Book July 1944.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  507 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/11/2008 20:46:43

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Andy,
many thanks for reply and extremely kind offer.

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger