commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Colin Anson No 10(IA) Cdo 3 troop and his wife Alice  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that we advise you of the death on the 27th June 2016 of Colin Anson, CVA member and veteran of No 10(IA) Commando 3 troop, and also of his wife Alice who died 11 days before on the 16th June 2016. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to their family and friends for their loss. Their joint funeral is to be held at Hendon crematorium on Tuesday 16th August at 2pm.

Colin Anson, former name Claus Ascher, joined No 10 Inter Allied Commando 3 troop, also known as 'X' troop, from the Pioneer Corps. He was severely injured on the 17th July 1943 during an air raid whilst on board the Queen Emma, having taken part in the Sicily landings the previous week. After life saving surgery and a lengthy recovery period, Colin returned and joined 40 RM Commando in Southern Italy then onto Yugoslavia. He worked in the Intelligence Section of 2 Commando Brigade. He later operated with the Commandos on Vis, Corfu, Albania , subsequently returning to Italy. Colin was promoted Staff Sergeant and post war served as an interpreter with the Control Commission Germany (CCG). This is a very brief outline of Colin's service. Fuller details can be found in a speech he gave in 2007 (copy HERE in the CVA gallery) and in a book about his life written by Helen Fry entitled " German schoolboy, British Commando. "

Rest in peace Colin and Alice.

[Thumb - Colin Anson 10(IA) Cdo 3 tp.jpg]
 Filename Colin Anson 10(IA) Cdo 3 tp.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  315 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/07/2016 22:49:31

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Sad to hear this - thoughts are with their family.

I read and thoroughly enjoyed the book but exchanged it - always regretted doing so. I've now ordered another one - and I'll treasure it.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger