commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
SAS A Squadron Raids  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Operations and Raids
Tango
Forum Member

I m new in this forum, may be I'm posting here in the wrong place.
I'm looking for names and missions that took place between 13 Oct 42 - 4 Jan 43 behind the enemy lines by the A Squadron of the SAS.
I know that under Major Mayne around 80 persons participated, so any named taking part on certain actions with dates are more than welcome.

At the same time I'm looking for members of B Squadron in the time 29 November 1942 - 7 Jan 43. This group was commanded by Vivian Street who was taken prisoner. B Squadron consisted of 90 persons.

Tango
Alan Orton
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Tango,
I have sent you an email with some info on it I hope you will find it of interest.
Regards,
Alan.
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

It would be great if any findings could be posted here. I've recently read Major Roy Farran's book, Winged Dagger, and found it extremely interesting.

Always keen to find out more.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
Alan Orton
Forum Member
[Avatar]

H W Wynter's book Special Forces in the Desert War 1940-1943 covers much of this. There is a new book out in September called SAS Rogue Heroes The Authorised Wartime History which if it is 'Authorised' may well tell us more.
I read Farran's book years ago and its a book I can go back to time and time again.
Alan.
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I love to read books by the people who were involved so if you, or anybody, has any info on such books - please pm me.

Mind you, I've read a few already. :) Commando (of course) and RAF books especially.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Operations and Raids
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger