commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ivor Turner, 46RM Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that we advise you of the recent death on the 29th January 2016 of Ivor Turner who served in 46RM Commando, Royal Marines. Our thoughts are with all his family and friends at this time.

Rest in peace Ivor.
[Thumb - Ivor Turner 46RM Commando.jpg]
 Filename Ivor Turner 46RM Commando.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 350 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  340 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Keith Taylor, whose father served in 46, adds
"He was a great friend and I had the pleasure and honour this September to witness him being awarded the Legion of Honour medal presented to him and two others at Rots. I have attached a picture with John Harrison left, Harry Sale, with Ivor on the right. I have also included an old photo Ivor sent me not long ago."

[Thumb - 46RM Cdos John Harrison, Harry Sale, and Ivor Turner on ther right.jpg]
 Filename 46RM Cdos John Harrison, Harry Sale, and Ivor Turner on ther right.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 266 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  308 time(s)

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Rick Smallman
Forum Member
[Avatar]

What a loss.

I had a letter from him describing an event.

RIP Ivor, you will be missed.

What a fitting tribute to the man, ringing the bells.

Regards
[Thumb - IVor Turner 46RM Cdos John Harrison, Harry Sale, and Ivor Turner on ther right (6).jpg]
 Filename IVor Turner 46RM Cdos John Harrison, Harry Sale, and Ivor Turner on ther right (6).jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 486 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  310 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/02/2016 14:31:52

[WWW]
tonyrod
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I had the privilege of speaking to Ivor regarding his time on the HMS PRINS ALBERT on the build up to sailing on the 6 june and landing on the 7th June on Normandy , only a couple of years ago, he was as sharp as a pin and his memory to detail was first class,
Duty Done IVOR TURNER,
YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

you can find Ivor on my website page titled Pals of ours, http://tonyrod.webs.com/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/02/2016 17:13:51

[WWW]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Friday, February 19, 2016, the church bells ring the death knell in honour of Ivor TURNER, veteran of 46 Royal Marine Commando and all his fellow Commandos, from 46 who liberated their village on June 11, 1944. Our thanks to Joël AUBIN who made the video and sent it to us, and to the people of Rots who have always remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNt763I8Ls&feature=youtu.be

Rest in peace Ivor

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/02/2016 19:05:12

[Email]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

How special - and extremely moving.

RIP Mr Turner. Thank you.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger