commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jimmy Dix  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi All

Received this from a friend of mine in Texas, maybe someone here can be of some help, I think Jimmy Dix was in No 3 Cmdo.

Hi Andy,
Long time no hear I trust that all is well with you & yours over there in the UK.
Sorry to bother you but I was hoping that you had some good ideas.I have tried now for more that 2 years to locate a copy of the citation for Jimmy Dix's BEM.I have the London Gazette of June 6 1949 announcing it & I have from his obituary that it was awarded for
'Bravery in action'. That is all I can find the Beds & Herts museum does not know either.
Also I am not related so have no real demand here.So if you have any suggestions as to
where I might go,please let me know.
Thanks & regards from Texas,Brian Moyse.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

This from Graham Cooper:

Just read your article regarding Jim Dix,have enclosed the London Gazette entry that refers to the B.EM.,the only thing I can add regarding the award is that it was part of the King's Birthday Honours for 1949.

The reference can be found on page 2819,left hand column 6 down.

Hope this helps

Graham

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/38628/data.pdf

The BEM may be a civilian award also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire_Medal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/12/2015 14:08:39

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Andy, Brian Moyse (the Essex boy in Texas ! ) will know this but for the benefit of others here are some references in our gallery to Sgt Jimmy Dix BEM who stayed on after the war. Bryan provided us with an update displayed on there.

Newspaper Cutting

La Breche Sword Beach, Queen Red - 6 June 1998

Veterans at Gamache

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger