commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
RN Beach Commando Roll of Honour  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Many thanks to Graham Cooper for his work enabling us to place a Roll of Honour for the RN Beach Commandos onto our website. We recognise there may possibly be some inaccuracies and/or omissions, and welcome any evidence leading to additional names, or corrections, in order that those who made the ultimate sacrifice are duly remembered.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/RNCdoROH

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/04/2018 18:41:55

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks indeed Graham.

A great tribute.

Regards

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Many of the men who died whilst in the Royal Naval Beach Commandos (R.N.B.C.) are sadly not listed as such on their CWGC record. They are often listed as HMS Copra, Northney, Quebec, etc. These were Shore Bases, Copra being in fact the Pay and Records section for Combined Operations personnel. As is right, the CWGC require evidence from official documents before they make any changes, ie. copies of war records, service records, award citations, casualty lists, that clearly show the whole page of the document rather than just a clip. We have recently managed to get them to show service as R.N.B.C. for the following who were previously shown as attached to Shore Bases:

S.Lt. Frederick Howard Griffiths
PO James Hough
LS Edward John Peasley
AB George McGrann
AB Edward Christopher Eddy
LS Patrick Moran
AB Edward Mooney.

Additionally we have provided evidence to show that some others also received Mentions in Despatches and this has been accepted by the CWGC. We have added a record page on our own site for all bar two (soon to be added) of those whom we believe served and died as R.N.B.C. and these can be accessed by simply clicking on their name on their ROH.

I know we have some good researchers out there. What I would ask is that you look at those names and see if you can find any documents as I have suggested above that evidences for certain their service as RN Beach Commandos. I am only looking for those whose entry on the CWGC website does not reflect Commando service, so you should check that first.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/RNCdoROH

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger