commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Dieppe 73 years on  XML
Forum Index » Commando Event Anniversaries (WW2)
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

On this day 73 years ago the Dieppe raid took place. We remember all the allied Fallen from this raid. The Commando Fallen are listed here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/DieppeCdoROH

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Noel Rabouhans
Forum Member

I was at Dieppe this year. Dominique Kieffer had invited the families of those 15 Free French commandos who took part in 1942 to attend this year. Four of these families were represented: Raymond Rabouhans by myself and my two sisters, nephew and niece, Gabriel Loverini by his grandson Sion, Jean Simon by his son Clive, and Francois Baloche by his nephew Andre.

I attach a photo taken on 19th August 1996 in Ste. Marguerite-Sur-Mer (site of the No. 4 Commando action), when a plaque with the names of the three Free French assigned to No. 4 Cdo was unveiled. The picture includes from left to right: Jimmy Dunning, Andre Bagot, Leon Gautier, Dorothy (my mother), and three British commandos (I assume all No. 4).

CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY THEM?

[Thumb - Ste. Marguerite sur Mer 19.8.1996.jpg]
 Filename Ste. Marguerite sur Mer 19.8.1996.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 464 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  436 time(s)

Peter Cooper
Forum Member

Gentleman on the far right looks like Charlie Mager. I think No. 3 Commando.

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.

Forum Index » Commando Event Anniversaries (WW2)
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger