commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
VJ Day commemorative events  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Burma Star & Pacific Star veterans, widows and direct descendants can apply to attend the VJ Day commemorative events in London. Applications are due by no later than 24 July 2015. Full details here: http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance/vj-day

Julie

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I am so pleased that the war in the Far East and VJ Day has not been forgotten as is so often the case.
I wish I could attend the Drumhead on behalf of my father and all those in 3 Commando Brigade (No. 1 Cdo, No.5 Cdo, 42 RM Cdo & 44 RM Cdo) and all the other members of the HM Armed Forces in that Theatre) but I'm working and can't get time off.

Hope you manage to get there on behalf of Capt. Larry Stephens, No.5 Commando, Julie.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ive applied Hoping to get there,Im at work that day but will have to beg the day off

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Nick.

I've applied but haven't heard anything back yet so fingers crossed!

Julie

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I'm really pleased to hear that our Julie W has heard from the Royal British Legion and has her VJ Day accreditation confirmation including an invitation to participate in the Veterans' parade & reception afterwards at Westminster Abbey.

That's fantastic news and wish I was going with you.

Wear your No.5 Commando badge with pride and have a 'fab' day.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger