commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
James Peter Gallacher, 45 RM Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
stealthgunner
Forum Member

Hi all i recently a few weeks ago posted a post in regards to anyone knowing my grandfather that served in the 45 commando unit.

His name James, peter, Gallacher
Unit 45 commado - possibly Y troop or Z troop, I believe
Born- 29th June 1920
Highest rank achieved was - Active Sgt

Heres a couple photo's of him still waiting to get his service records etc..
Will post more info when it comes available. He also gave my father that I have now a the story of the 45 commando, which as you all are aware, was a privately published book only Given to the troops of that unit and close family members. Were ones that were issued this book or obatined it. I have the original copy my grandfather got.

I also have the interesting Novel called " Castle Commando " which only 8 copies of that book which had a green material cover, Published by Oliver and Boyd. A story explaining how it all was through the eyes of a Commando that was originally sent to Achnacarry to be trained to be a Trainer to train the commando's at the camp and he was Donald Gilchrist.
Tells the story of how it all started at Achancarry. Mentions names such as Lieutenant Colonel Charles Edward Vaughn etc...

My Grandafther's superior Commanding officer in his Unit he was in was a major called Major Kenneath Holmes If anyone knew him or my grandfather please please let me know. My father my granfather's Son was named after Major Kenneath Holmes.

Here are two photo's of my grandfather I have so far, waiting for my relatives to send more from england.

[Thumb - photo 4 peter2.jpg]
 Filename photo 4 peter2.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Here is one photo of him in Uniform
 Filesize 1412 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  441 time(s)

[Thumb - grandfather wedding photo.jpg]
 Filename grandfather wedding photo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Here is my grandfather with a friend stading next to him from the commando's. Im not sure who that man is but looks like he was a close friend of my grandfather If anyone knows him let me know or recognizes him
 Filesize 175 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  474 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2009 07:59:36

stealthgunner
Forum Member

Ive seen more photo's of him im just waiting for them like I said, ill post them up when I get them.

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger