commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
New Film captures history of the "Lochaber Commandos"  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Training Establishments
markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Film captures history of the "Lochaber Commandos"

A PROJECT highlighting the role of 30,000 commandos who trained in Lochaber has been captured on a DVD.

The film, launched last week at a ceremony in the West Highland Museum in Fort William, documents research carried out by Lochaber Archaeological Society members into the history of the commandoes, who trained at Achnacarry, near Spean Bridge

The 45-minute DVD shows some of the society?s discoveries set in an historical context with some evocative wartime black and white footage of the troops training at Achnacarry, and interviews with experts and commando veterans who share their memories.

http://www.lochaber-news.co.uk/News/Film-captures-history-of-the-Lochaber-Commandos-18062015.htm

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The DVD is £7.50 + P&P

Contact
Sonja McLachlan
West Highland Museum
01397 702169
[email protected]

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Training Establishments
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger