commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
James "Taffy" Edwards, No4 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello

Did someone could give to me information about James "Taffy" EDWARDS 4 Cco.
He was involved in DUNKERQUE, received the french croix de guerre.
sincerely
stéphane

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/2009 08:10:31

Dianne Burns
Forum Member

Hi...James ?Taffy? Edwards is my Grandpa

Dianne
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dianne

Stephane was up at the Spean Bridge Commando Memorial today with us all relatives of No 4 Commando. He is one of our great supporters from France.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Dontlookatme
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello all,

I too am looking for some information about James ?Taffy? Edwards on behalf of my Dad. He?s trying to trace a James J Edwards who he believes was originally from the Maesteg area in Wales and we think it could possibly be the same James.
Dianne, are you still active on here? Would love to ask a couple of questions if so!

Many thanks!

Kate x
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Kate

Send a private Message to Dianne.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Dontlookatme
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thank you Bill, I have done but not sure she?s active on here anymore. My Dad & I have found out a lot more about him over the past week so would love to piece it all together. I?m trying to find out if he was ever stationed at the Fulwood Barracks in Preston in 1940/41 if anyone could help there?

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger