commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Reggie Clarence Wellington "duke" mbe,dcm,mm  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bfirth1990
Forum Member

Hi all I'm looking for more information on my grandfather or if anyone knew him/ of him.

All I have is the information my nan gave me as my grandfather past away before I was born.

Reggie Clarence Wellington "duke" T/64955
Mbe,dcm,mm, Croix de guerte, msm, lsg-c
Regular army 24years
Royal life guards
No4 commandos
2nd parachute Bn
Glides pilot regiment
1st SAS
[Thumb - image.jpg]
 Filename image.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  465 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/01/2015 14:41:20

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

There is no official roll of all who served in the WW2 Commandos. Our nominal rolls are formed from numerous sources but are by no means complete. As you have his service number you should apply for a copy of his service record. How to do so can be found here http://forum.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/179.page

If the nearest next of kin applies more information will be provided. You could also contact the Guards Museum to see if they have any information.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Update ** pm also sent **

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 31/01/2015 23:32:43

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
GrahamCooper
Forum Member

Hi,

Do you have any further information on your grandfather.

Do you know when he joined up?
Do you know when he left the services,and what rank he was?,and any other snippets of information about him,that may help trace his military service.

Looking at his service serial number,I believe this number is in the range that was issued to the Royal Army Service Corp.

I am also puzzled by the collar badges on his uniform,I am not certain but they look like they may be Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers badges.

Further your grandfather is wearing a Sam Brown,this means he was at least a Warrant Officer class 1 (WO 1) when the photo was taken.

Good luck

Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

For the benefit of others Ben who originated this message is now in touch direct. He advises that his Grandfather held the rank of WO1 and was Artificer Sgt Major, an appointment held in the REME I understand. He is seeking more information from family.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/02/2015 11:57:51

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Bfirth1990
Forum Member

Good evening all,
I am yet to receive my grandfathers service record and as you can see it's been some time since I've posted to this forum in regards to my grandfather.
I have been given a few of his books and as you can see in the attached images it says more about his rank and what units he was in. Maybe this can help you all had some more light for me in regards to my grandfather.

Kindest regards
Benjamin firth
[Thumb - IMG_9758.PNG]
 Filename IMG_9758.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  417 time(s)

[Thumb - IMG_9756.JPG]
 Filename IMG_9756.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 446 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  410 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Benjamin

I think it is probably best to await until you get the actual photocopy of your Grandfather's official service record through as you have applied for it. This should hopefully give more specific information on dates attached to and leaving the units, and awards, and rank progression, etc. Once you do get it just scan the relevant sections and either post them here or you can send them direct to me by email. If you have any problems interpreting the information there just let me know.

Pete

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger