commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Flushing 2014  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

Just returned from the Flushing 70th anniversary of Operation Infatuate and I would like to thank all those who were involved in the organisation of the event, particularly Bill Harvey and Jochem Schmetz. I was expecting maybe a few hundred people but there were a few thousand and the beautiful weather really was the icing on the cake.
Good to see so many younger people too like Jochem and Stephane so when we are gone the Commando name will live on.
It was also great to put faces to the names of the people who I had communicated with online.
I felt it was rather like a family gathering...the Commando family.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 06/11/2014 22:09:35

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hear! Hear!

It all went so smoothly - well done to all involved. It was marvellous to meet old friends and make new ones.

An unforgettable few days.

^Pete R. Comments above transferred to forum message on this link: Photos and memories for this months events at Holland and Fort William

All further comments on the visit to Flushing on the above forum message please

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2014 22:04:13

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger