commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Picture Gallery  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
GrahamCooper
Forum Member

In the picture gallery,courtesy of Suzanne Nicholas,is a Poem,called The Men of our Room,what a novel way of recording history.
Going through the names mentioned in the poem,I found the following:

Ron Grant - TSM Ronald Grant ,PO/X 106693,CA newsletter No 112, dtd Mar 2001,has his Obituary,"died Gourock,Strathclyde
Jim Charmers - Cpl J.T.Charmers,PO/X 107435, CVA Obituary James "Jim" Charmers died 1st Sept. 2010.
Macdonald _ No reference
Ginger -- No reference
Fagan -- Cpl T.Fagan, EX/4047
Joe Banks -- Marine Leonard Joseph Banks,PLY/X 105217,CA newsletter 112 dtd Mar 2001 has his obituary,died Nuneaton Warwicks

Grills the Reformer No reference
Frank Bamford - Marine Frank Bamford ,PLY/X 110270
Jack Kenna Cpl.John [jack] Kenna, PLY/X 108826 died 2001c
Roxy Hart No reference
Corsham Marine William R Corsham, CH/X 111644, died 1997c
Morris There is a Mne J.Morris, PO/X 105749
Bill Burt Mne William Burt, PO/X 107103
Franks Mne C.H Franks, PO/X 107 102
Lendon No reference

If anyone can help with any data on the above names from 46 Commando,it would be much appreciated
Regards
Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Grills the Reformer was the nickname for Charles Grills who was the father of Suzanne Nicholas who provided this and other photos very recently added to the gallery George Davidson, Charles Grills, and another

The difficulty as always is confirming Commando service. The 9th RM Battalion was 1000 strong so roughly half would have gone onto 46RM Cdo. Charles Grills brief service with 46RM Cdo cut short through injury has been established through records that i have seen.

I will send you the contact details for Keith Taylor, son of Eric Taylor 46RM Cdo., who has become the focal point for many relatives and veterans from that Commando. He is building up a lot of information and has shared it with us as can be seen in our ever growing gallery for 46RM Commando. He is only too happy to help others. Only yesterday I put both he and the son of Mne George Davidson (nickname ginger) who was killed in action in contact with Suzanne re her photos. These are a few more of them. Check the gallery for a few others.

George Davidson and his wife Marion

Mne. George 'Ginger' Davidson

Bill Burt and his wife Norah

The Poem

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/11/2014 11:55:44

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger