commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
BSS 13 (Beach Signal Section)  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Kate
Forum Member

My dad was in Royal Naval Beach Signal Section 13 during WW2. Does anyone have any information about the other members of his section?? They were with the Canadians during the Normandy landings, on Juno beach. His name is Ray Burke and his commander was known as Bugsy Maude. He would like to know if any of his mates from the section are still alive. Courselles, Graye-sur-mer were the nearest towns. Any information would be much appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/06/2008 20:19:21

Steve Taylor
Forum Member

Dear Kate,

I believe my father was in the unit trained with the Canadians and was on Juno Beach. My aunt tells me he injured his back falling off a cliff. As I do not think this would have been on that beach it must have been in training. My fathers name was Terence Taylor and he was in the navy for a total of 13 years and ended up as a QM2 and was on Aisne and Corrunna the post war destroyers. I think he had also been on Minesweepers. Unfortunately he died in the mid 1980's......

Regards

Steve Taylor
Kate
Forum Member

Hi Steve
Thanks for your message. I shall ask my Mum to ask my Dad whether he remembers your Dad. Mine is now in a continuing care hospital in Edinburgh and I live in Spain so I can't ask him myself.

I'll let you know what he says.

Take care.
K :)

Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger