commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
RM Commando Training School TV Programme  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

Having watched all 8 episodes of this series I am astounded that there has been no mention of it on the forum.
Was I the only one to watch it ???

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

As you say " T V Programme " Not really worth mentioning?
Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

It was discussed, briefly, on the CVA page on Facebook. I watched all the episodes and enjoyed them, especially the last one when one of the trainers received a rather nice gift.

I won't say what in case others haven't seen it yet. )

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It was a good series. On the note of nothing being mentioned about it, I would encourage everyone to post more here on the Forum section of the CVA website, and also to use the facility of posting their own photos in the gallery which you can now do in our Holding album ! Photos and messages posted on the Facebook (social media) page will not be posted automatically onto our website and therefore into our gallery. If you want a good relevant photo placed in our gallery on the CVA website, then either use the facility of the Holding Album, the forum, or make contact via the Contact us page, and we will assist you.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/09/2014 13:57:44

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

To be honest, I didn't think much of the program at all. In fact I have not read or heard one positive comment, from either ex-servicemen or serving members of HM Forces, about the series.
Most thought it was an embarrassment and the RMs and ex-RMs have taken a huge amount of flack regarding their 'tough training regime'...

There was an very good documentary series about the Royal Marines a few years back - a no holds barred, warts and all program that showed the beastings etc.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Well after this less than a year ago, I am not at all surprised the content published on there was as it was:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24345669

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger