commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
commando badges  XML
Forum Index » Commando Insignia
keith hurst
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Could anyone give general info on the different commando badges used

My main interest is with no 6 and I have seen at least 3 different badges

All no 6 commando

Keith Hurst
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Keith,
I have just found your request on the Forum site. ref No 6 Insignia. I would point you towards a book by Peter Taylor, " Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939 - 1948. In the section refering to No6 it shows 6 different types of insignia, from the shoulder titles to the badges worn underneath the shoulder titles. There is also a short discription of the badges and when they were worn. If you have difficulty in finding the book, (I got mine of Ebay), I would be more than happy to copy these pages and send them to you,
Regards Ron
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Theres another book Special Forces Insignia --Brituish and Commonwealth Units by James G Short is pretty intresting . Try AbeBooks They usually have everything in books

SE Donnison
[MSN]
JB
Forum Member
[Avatar]

No 6 commando wore in the early days on the beret white letters on black patch VI and also seen in metal. In the early days there was also a cloth shoulder patch VI commando black withe letters.

101 boat troop of no 6 commando wore sword fish arm badges with 101.

Early shoulder titles wete VI commando and later no 6 commando black/navy blue with red letters embroidered and printed.

Cheers,
JB

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 15/08/2013 16:24:35

Forum Index » Commando Insignia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger