commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Just an Idea  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Peta
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello.
This is my first message to this forum. I'm not sure this is where my comment should be posted. However, I'm spending time trawling through all the information to be found and ultimately will post what I have found and what we have as a family.
My question is:
Has there ever been any thought to creating a holding space on an account in order to save information/pictures found for later consideration... like the 'shoebox' facility on Ancestry.co.uk?
I am finding that I find something and am not sure about it and then spend ages trying to find it again when I come back to it.
Just a thought.

I grew up with the Association's newsletters coming in the post. I think this is a brilliant site and have left it in tears on more than one occasion.

Regards

Peta Bull
A proud daughter

Peta Bull
Proud Daughter of L/Sgt Harold J. Bull. No2. Special Service Brigade Signals

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it"
Pericles
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Peta

It's a nice idea and easy for ancestry to deliver as they are a commercial site charging users a fee, whilst we are free and run by a few volunteers. With over 8,500 photos and documents in our gallery already we have to be tight on what we post in order keep our disc space and thus costs to a minimum. We have a Holding Album in the gallery where people can post their own photos but sadly not every photo or document posted will be entered into the gallery. Each will be taken at its own merit when the decision is made as to whether they are moved or not to the main gallery. If considered not suitable they will simply be deleted from the Holding Album. Having said that if you look at some of the detail we have on individuals you will see that what we do post is very appropriate and a fitting tribute to the individual.

Why don't you simply create a Holding Space on your own computer and when you feel you have appropriate photos either upload them yourself into the Holding Album or contact me direct for advice if you are uncertain or need help.

Regards

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger