commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Trooper Stan Scott , No 3 Commando 3 troop, CVA Chairman  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with great sadness that we advise you of the death yesterday of the CVA chairman Trooper Stan Scott, No 3 Commando 3 troop. Known to all of us as 'Scotty', Stan had been chairman of the CVA since its formation. Our thoughts are with his wife Pam, and all his family and friends at this very sad time.

Rest in peace Scotty.

***The details of the funeral can be found on this Forum message The funeral of CVA Chairman Stan Scott ***

[Thumb - Stan Scott No 3 Cdo 3 troop.jpg]
 Filename Stan Scott No 3 Cdo 3 troop.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  864 time(s)

[Thumb - Stan Scott, CVA Chairman.jpg]
 Filename Stan Scott, CVA Chairman.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1169 time(s)

[Thumb - Scotty and his father.jpg]
 Filename Scotty and his father.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  976 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 30/06/2014 20:22:45

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Sylvie Townshend, on behalf of the CVA London Branch adds the following:

"This is such sad news. It was a privilege to have known Scotty, and his passing leaves a big hole in our Branch. He will be so missed by us all. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his wife Pam and all Scotty's family and friends."

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

A real rock of the CVA has passed.......a one off ......many good memories of a man of integrity and true Commando spirit.

Onwards and upwards Stan......RIP.

Our thoughts and love go to Pam and all of Stan's family and friends.

John & Bernie Mewett
[Thumb - IMG_4372.JPG]
 Filename IMG_4372.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 594 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  864 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/06/2014 10:12:20

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The CVA has lost its Beloved Patriarch, but he set us on the right course. It was an honour to know you, Stan. We will keep your memory alive - you are, of course, impossible to forget.

Much love to Pam, their Family, and all the CVA Family.

Janet Bishop

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/06/2014 13:50:48

Jacqueline Foster
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We are very sad that Scotty has died and send our heartfelt sympathy and love to Pam and family.

Scotty was a special man and he leaves an indelible imprint in the memories of those who knew and loved him.
Thank you Scotty. Rest in Peace.

Jacqueline, Alun, Scott, Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2014 02:15:28

Treasured are the years
Spent with thee
Sweet thy memory...
(Isabella Robertson Notman)
Di Robinson
Forum Member

Such sad news. He was a larger than life character with some great stories to tell. Our heart goes out to Pam and the family. God bless you Scotty xx

Di Robinson
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I'm incredibly sad to think that I/we won't get to see him this weekend - I'd so much to tell him. If I hadn't 'found' this site, I'd not have met Scotty - a man I heard about from my dad, over 50 years ago. Meeting him was one of the highlights of my life.

Thinking of Pam and all the family. RIP Scotty ... thank you.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Very sad news.
Rest in Peace Scotty.

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

A special man Scotty who did so much for us in the CVA. We will really miss him. May the Lord comfort Pam and the family in their loss. We will have so many happy memories of a man who touched all who he met. God bless.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

"Don't be sad, you lot!" I can imagine Scotty shout down to us from the Pearly Gates as he is reunited with his Commando pals! He was the most 'glass half full' man I have ever had the honour and pleasure to meet and rather than be sad I'm taking time out to cherish and celebrate the awesome memories that I have of being his friend and of the times that I have been in his presence. Always full of life and positivity, how he found the energy during our big CVA events and trips out, I still cannot comprehend - he was a machine! He gave and never ever counted the cost, and then gave some more. He epitomised Commando Spirit and was the absolute backbone of the CVA, and although he knew he was getting old and more tired as the years went by, he was always there, at every turn, leading from the front as a great Chairman does. He was more than a Chairman though - he was a mentor, he was an inspiration, he was a true friend, he was an oracle of Commando facts, he was a father, grandfather and loving husband to our lovely Pam, he was an honest, to the point, take-no-bullshit leader who shared Vic Ralph's vision of where the CVA should go and who dedicated his later life to ensure that it got there. He was simply a wonderful man and he was our pal Scotty....a true Commando legend who we could never thank enough for his dedicated service to the Commando fraternity. He will be forever in our hearts and he will never be forgotten. Rest in peace Scotty - we love you and we miss you already! Thank you and God bless. Our hearts and thoughts are with Pam and your family. Much love from Geoff, Claudia, Josh and Jack. xxx
[Thumb - Chairman Stan Scott swinging the lamp with the young Command.JPG]
 Filename Chairman Stan Scott swinging the lamp with the young Command.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description Fort William 2005 - Scotty spinning his dits!
 Filesize 231 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  2171 time(s)

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

All Say Aye.........

100% Geoff .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2014 11:18:26

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Stan Scott was a great character and will be sorely missed by, not only the CVA, but by his family and friends all over the World.
My thoughts & prayers are with his family, especially the lovely Pam, at this sad time.
God Bless you,Scotty, May you find Eternal Peace.

Nick Collins
[Thumb - 100_6214.JPG]
 Filename 100_6214.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 563 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  3440 time(s)

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

We all leave our footprints but seldom do we cast such long shadows for others to follow.
RIP
Kevin

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

When we meet each year at the memorial at Spean Bridge to remember I often feel those who have past the earthly shores are there with us. We hold them all in our hearts and treasure wonderful memories.

Thanks Scotty for all you have done for us.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

RIP Scotty
Thanks for all your hard work on behalf of the CVA, my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and family.

Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger