commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Information on my Dad who was in 5 troop No2 commando during WW11  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
roger suthers
Forum Member

I am trying to find any information on my dad who served with 5 troop No2 commando during WW2 his name was Jimmy Suthers
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Roger

Welcome to the CVA website. Hope you have seen the photos in the gallery of your father who was in the same troop as Eric Buckmaster who provided two of them to us and who also added the information as shown on this one Jimmy Suthers and Eric Buckmaster. Eric is still around and has been of great help in providing information on No 2 Commando and identifying those from 5 troop. Like your father, my father and uncle were also in 5 troop along with Eric and his brother Stanley. The other two photos of your father are:

No. 2 Cdo. Reunion with Earl Mountbatten, Lt. Col Charles Newman VC, and Lt. Col. Jack Churchill

Commando Association Stand Down Luncheon 18th Sep.2005 Guildhall, Portsmouth.

Are you next to your father in the latter and are you in contact with Eric?

If you have a photo of your father from his Commando or Army days that you can scan and email to me I can post it in our gallery?

Regards

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Roger,
Welcome to the CVA Website & Forum.

What information, exactly, are you hoping to find out about your father?
I note that you already know which troop he was in in No2 Commando so you probably know more about him, as an individual commando, than we could ever tell you.
However, what we can tell you is about is the history of No2 Commando and the action No2 was involved in...

If you click on this link it will take you to the No2 Commando page on the Website where you will find an excellent narrative written by a dear friend and No2 Veteran, the late Lt Bob Bishop MC.

http://www.commandoveterans.org/node/3

Please take time to browse the Website and our unique Gallery (especially the No2 Commando album) and hopefully you may be able to identify your father on some of the photos sent in by relatives & friends of commandos.

If, in turn, you have any information regarding your father (ie Number, rank & Regiment etc) or any photos that you'd like to share, we would be honoured to upload the info to our nominal rolls or to the gallery respectively.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Roger, I think Bob and I met you and your sister, Ann Goudie, in Fort William in 2007. We sent Ann a copy of Bob's No. 2 History after we got home.

Janet

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger