commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
jim gillies 46 commando "s" troop  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
airthrey1966
Forum Member

my grand dad jim gillies.only died a few years ago.
am told he was 46 commando "s" troop
if anyone can add anything it will be a bonus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/2013 00:28:51

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi and welcome to our website

Thanks for the photo of your grandfather which I have now included in our 46RM Commando gallery and the photo is currently on the 1st page. Here is a direct link to that page of the gallery : 46RM Commando gallery

Follow this link to our History section where we have a nominal roll and your Grandfather's name is listed along with his Service number shown: History of 46RM Commando The CH alongside his number indicates that he originally joined the Royal Marines and trained at Chatham. When 46RM Commando was raised he would have attended the Commando Basic Training Centre at Achnacarry for his Commando training

It would be worth your while browsing through our photos of 46RM Commando as several individuals in the photos are as yet unidentified including several of 'S' troop. If you have any other photos from his time with 46RM Commando please let me know. My email address is in the Contact us section if needed. In the meantime can you advise me of your full name so as I can place a credit against the photo of your Grandfather

Regards

Pete

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/12/2013 13:31:20

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
airthrey1966
Forum Member

think i've spotted jim here
http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/46/I_Turner_Fehmarnsund_m_kl+copy.jpg.html
airthrey1966
Forum Member

this is jims friend posing with my gran near alloa,scotland.
no name as of yet.

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger