commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
R.N. B.S.S. 9 October 1944  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
russmc2000
Forum Member

I have a photo of my fathers, taken in October of 1944. It is of the Royal Naval Beach Signal Section 9. Most of the men signed the reverse side of the photograph. Signed are: J. McGann, Douglas Willie, Morris Rowell, David MacKenzie, R. Eric Dove, D. Draffen, J. Holland, Sandy Jackson, James Whyte, Bill Quinn, Hank Raynor, R. K. Smith, H. M. Wolton, John Robert Carr, George German, A. Adkins, John J. Gascoiguea Mr. Richmond, a Mr. Swailes, W. Burke, K. John Thom, a Mr. Treson, a Mr. Woodcock, Tiny Pitts, a Mr. Barker, W. Gillings, James Ashton, H. Gibson, Jack Ainsworth, Donald E. Akroyd, G. Johnson, and of course, George H. Cruickshanks.
paulmcgann
Forum Member

Well that's a start! Given the date we'd be very interested to see it, particularly as dad was so badly injured on D-Day. We'd always assumed his injuries meant he was discharged soon after.
markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Also relates to this posting about Joe McGann

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/3866.page

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

Forum Index » Wartime RN Commandos
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger