commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The National D Day Memorial Bedford, Virginia USA  XML
Forum Index » Commando Memorials and Places of Remembrance
Janet Tysoe
Forum Member

I am the daughter of former marine John E (Ted) Brooks 48 RM Cdo recently I visited the National D Day Memorial in Bedford, Virginia US. They are collecting the names of those who participated in Operation Overlord and Operation Neptune on 6 June 1944 the initial day of the invasion. If you or a family member is a D Day veteran they would like your details their website is www.dday.org. The memorial is excellent and covers all the countries involved, including the names of British commandos who lost their life's. I have a copy of the form if any one requires further information.
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Janet

Thanks for the photos now added to our gallery and also the information about the Memorial.

Regards

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Commando Memorials and Places of Remembrance
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger