commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No 1 section 4 Commando ww2 L/cpl Mantripp  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
andrewellis
Forum Member

Hi i am a ww2 researcher looking for information on 4 Commando and in paticular no 1 section B sub can anyone please tell me what action they would of seen please i am also interested in a L/cpl Mantripp as i have a document which mentions him and really want to learn more please
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Andrew

We have a document that mentions him as well. His name can be found our Nominal Rolls albums in the Notebook of Sgt Reg Palmer listing the names of the troop and provided to the CVA by Sgt. Palmer's son. Is this the document you refer to as it also splits down to Sections and Sub Sections ?

Is your research on behalf of the family of L/Cpl. Mantripp. If so please put them in touch with us direct

Regards

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
andrewellis
Forum Member

Hi thanks for the reply i collect ww2 militaria and love researching these brave men and women i am the proud owner of Lcpl Mantripps 3rd pattern commando dagger and certificate.I am in contact with Lcpl Mantripps son who does not know very much really and to find anything out would be great i did see the extract from the notebook really want to know exactly where he went during ww2 i know he was at D day as his son told me apparently 30 mins before the next wave and most of his mates were killed on the beach.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger