commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
New Search Facility.  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The more observant among you will notice a slight change to the Forum - there is now a 'Google Custom Search Box'...

Our computer genius, Dan, has kindly put this on so that we can all search the whole forum easier than ever before.

To use, simply click on the button, type in a keyword (eg. a name) and click the 'magnifying glass.

The search will bring up every reference to your keyword on the Forum and Gallery

Happy hunting...

Nick

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/01/2020 14:47:54

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Great stuff!

It would have been dad's birthday today so I put his name in (George Harris and George Francis Harris) - and found loads of stuff.
Thanks! :)

'Today' being the 5th - when I typed this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/10/2013 21:51:54

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

It works great Nick. Thanks Dan. I will admit I didn't notice the difference at first - too early in the morning when I'd checked in before :)

Janet
MBrockway
Forum Member

This search box now seems to only appear on certain pages.

Is this deliberate, or has there been a technical glitch?

Mark

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Mark

All is explained on the Home Page under Looking for information where there is a link to Useful Tips. Once clicked on you will see How to explore the Commando Veterans Archive

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/03/2017 21:12:55

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
MBrockway
Forum Member

MBrockway wrote:This search box now seems to only appear on certain pages.

Is this deliberate, or has there been a technical glitch?

Mark

Be aware that if you are running any sort of adblocker or anti-tracking utility with your browser, these may cause the new Google search toolbar to NOT display.

This was what was happening in my case. By tweaking the Trust settings, I have now managed to get it back again!

Mark

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger