commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
2nd Pattern Beaded & Ribbed FS Fighting Knife information request  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Weapons and Equipment
W Goodman
Forum Member

Gentlemen,

I am trying to find out as much information as possible on the 2nd Pattern FS fighting knife with the Beaded & Ribbed handle, issued during WW2. The knife is branded with the broad arrow above '9' and belonged to a Royal Marine of 40 Commando during WW2.

I have trawled various websites on the net and none provide a great deal of detail, therefore any information you may be able to provide as to it's origin and issue, would be hugely appreciated.

Will
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

hi Will,
We do indeed have a number of experts on the FS Fighting Knife on the Forum and I'm sure that one, or more, will be alone soon to offer you the benefit of their expertise.

However, it is always very useful for a positive identification if you were able to provide photos if possible - especially of any markings that may be on the crossguard or the shoulder of the blade or on the handle.
The design of the top nut can also be significant.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
W Goodman
Forum Member

Nick,

Please see the link below for the details I have and images. Correction to my last post is that it is a number 6 not a number 9 below the broad arrow.

http://www.antique-swords.eu/E99-WW2-Royal-Marines-Commando-Fairbairn-Sykes-Beaded-Ribbed.html[/url]

Will

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/08/2013 13:26:54

Kevin
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Will trawl no more your request answered here:

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/ribbed_wood/ringed.htm

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/08/2013 18:16:07

''Coemgen Filius Primi Inter Pares"

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Weapons and Equipment
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger